Friday, July 10, 2015

Grammar Focus Used To

Grammar Focus
Used To

‘Used to’ refers to something happened regularly in the past but no longer happens.
I used to play tennis a lot but I don’t play now.
He used to travel a lot. But these days he doesn’t travel much.

Affirmative   Sentence:
 Structure:  Sub +used to+ V1
 He used to smoke heavily but now he is fully non-smoker.
I used to watch TV a lot.
I used to live alone.

Negative Sentence:
Structure: Sub+ did not use to + V1
I did not use to play tennis. 
Or, I used not to play tennis.
He did not use to travel.
Or, he used not to travel  
He used not  to smoke.
I used  not to watch TV.
I didn’t use  to live alone.

Interrogative sentence:
Structure: Did+ sub + use to+ V1?
Did you use to play tennis ?
Did he use to travel?
Did he use  to smoke.
Did you use  to watch TV?
Did you  use  to live alone ?


No comments:

Post a Comment